A remote control for your garage door opener makes life easier. This is more convenient especially if you are coming home while it’s raining. You don’t want to get yourself soaking wet just to open the garage door and get your care safely inside the garage.
Knowing the compatibility of your remote control to your garage door opener is a must. You don’t want to waste money and spend it on a remote that does not work with the opener that you have at home.
For the LiftMaster remote controls, you only have to check the Learn Button on your unit to identify the specific remote model that is compatible to your opener. This button can be found on the back or right side of the opener.
Here are the LiftMaster remotes that you can use for your respective garage door openers:
• MyQ Control Panel G888LM. If you have this with your garage door opener, it is compatible with the following LiftMaster remote controls: 891LM, 893LM, 893MAX, 890MAX, 895MAX, 892LT, 894LT, and the 885LM.
• Yellow learn button. With a yellow learn button on your garage door opener, this uses the Security 2.0 technology to operate. It is compatible with these remotes: 891LM, 893LM, 893MAX, 890MAX, 895MAX, 892LT, 894LT, PPV1, PPV3, PPK1, PPK1PH, PPK3, and PPK3PH.
• Purple learn button. The garage door opener with a purple learn button uses Security+ 315 MHz technology. The remotes used for this opener model will have a ((())) symbol. Here are the remotes compatible with this opener: 371LM, 372LM, 373LM, 374LM, 370LM, 373P, 893MAX, 890MAX, 895MAX, 892LT, and 894LT.
• Red or orange learn button. This garage door opener uses Security + 390 MHz rolling code technology to make your garage secure. This is compatible with the following remotes: 971LM, 972LM, 973LM, 974LM, 970LM, 893MAX, 890MAX, 895MAX, 892LT, 894LT.
Just like the LiftMaster, to find the compatible remotes for Chamberlain openers, you have to inspect the learn button.
• Yellow learn button. This uses the Security + 2.0 technology and is compatible with the following remotes: 950ESTD, 953ESTD, 953EV, and 956EV.
• Purple learn button.The garage door openers with this type of learn button uses Security+ 315 MHz technology. The remote devices for these openers have a ((())) symbol. These are: 950D, 953D, 956D, 953EV, and 956EV.
• Green learn button. Openers with green learn button uses the billion code technology and is compatible with the 750CB, 953EV, and 956EV remotes.
With Craftsman remotes, you can start with the remote model to identify. Here’s your guide in finding the perfect craftsman remote for your garage door opener:
• 61LM series remotes. These remotes work for garage doors made from 1984 until 1992. These remotes work for openers with yellow, gray, or white learn buttons. It will also work for units with 9 code switches and circuit boards with parts number that start with 41A3.
• 81LM series remotes. This line of remotes work for garage doors made from 1992 to 1997. These are compatible with openers with green learn button, those that use the Billion Code technology, and those with circuit boards with part numbers starting with 41A4.
• 971LM series remotes. All of the remotes from this series work with the garage doors made from 1998 to 2005. These are compatible with those with red or orange learn buttons and those with circuit boards with part numbers starting with 41A5.
• 371LM series remotes. These work for garage doors made from 2005 to present. The series is compatible with openers with purple learn buttons and with circuit board numbers with part numbers starting with 41AC, 41AB, 41AS.