When searching for the best garage door opener, consulting friends and family with these devices is ideal. Other homeowners already know what works and what doesn’t in the home. Seeking their advice and recommendation is a good method of starting out your search for the perfect opener for your home.
Here are the top five garage door openers that most homeowners use and what they have to say about these devices:
• This is a premium garage door opener that packs a punch on the feature department. It has motion-activated lights, a belt-drive system, battery backup, and is MyQ enabled. Its timer-to-close feature affords homeowners with a special convenience and it also adjusts power depending on the temperature. This Chamberlain opener is very quiet and is suitable for homes with bedrooms above or beside the garage. It is highly reviewed by many users and homeowners. Many commend its quiet operation and its security features. This model can be installed on your own, especially if you already have a previous Chamberlain garage door opener. If you’re persistent and a true handyman when it comes to installation, you can finish it in three hours. For its price, you can get everything that you may need in a garage door opener. Most homeowners also compliment Chamberlain’s swift customer service that helps you whenever you encounter problems.
8500 LiftMaster Elite Series.
• This MyQ compatible opener is ultra-quiet and runs smoothly. It is easy to install and is perfect for those who want to get their hands dirty during installation. Some homeowners advise you to read the installation guide before making a purchase to ensure that the opener matches your garage. However, it is easy to install and most of the work involves the wiring instead of the actual manual installation. You are definitely paying for the features of the product and will enjoy them as soon as you’ve properly installed it on your garage, which makes this a truly flexible product. It takes up minimal space and the programming is simple and easy.
Genie 2042-TKC QuietLift 800.
• This is a powerful and reliable garage door opener for your home. It is easy to install that boasts of a quiet performance. This Genie opener is ideal for sectional garages with doors of up to seven feet and 500 pounds in weight. Homeowners comment its quiet operation. You may need an extension kit for this model if you have a taller garage door. Their generous customer service will assist you in every problem that you encounter with your garage door opener. It has a soft and slow close that you might enjoy. This is also an affordable opener and will suit those who are working with their budget.
Sommer Direct Drive Opener ¾ HP.
• This is the perfect garage door opener for tall doors that are seven to eight feel high. It offers a European technology with only one moving part. It glides smoothly along its rails which ensures a quiet operation with no vibration. This screw-type opener is simple and easy. You can rely on this Sommer opener no matter what the season is. It operates very well through the years and the engineering of the opener is outstanding. It is well designed and is easy to install for every homeowner.
Chamberlain PD752D ¾ HP Chain Drive.
• Chamberlain is a top brand for garage door openers. The PD752D suits solid-wood garage doors and it comes with a reliable garage access system. It can open and close the heaviest doors while being an easy kit to install. Although having an extra hand will help in speeding up the installation process. You might also need additional hardware for your garage door opener if you have a high ceiling. There are no loud mechanical noises when you use this garage door. Homeowners note how reliable and powerful this Chamberlain model is that will last you years.