The garage door opener is not a frequent purchase that homeowners make in a year. It usually takes a few years before a good garage door opener needs a replacement.
It is important to know the options that you have when purchasing your next garage door opener. With the internet and the technology that we have now, a buyer has different options already. Identify which places and stores can provide you with the quality garage door opener that you need.
Here are the places that you can go to in case you will need a replacement or a new garage door opener for your home:
- Local retailer. Your local retailer is probably the first one you can visit if you need a garage door opener. Find the nearest home improvement store and check out the available openers that they have. By checking out the openers personally and talking to a sales personnel, you are able to find one that matches your garage. You can also check and scrutinize the parts personally. This is an advantage to buying your opener from a brick and mortar. You can touch and see the product before finally making a purchase. However, some stores might not carry all the garage door openers available in the market. So, your choices might also be limited.
- Home improvement websites. In case your local home improvement store does not carry the specific garage door opener that you like, you can also check out the online website of your local retailer. Stores such as Lowe’s and Home Depot have online stores where you can purchase the openers that you need. They also deliver to your home or allow you to pick-up the item from your nearest store.
- This is another online option that you have if you don’t have time to visit a brick and mortar. eBay carries a variety of products from various sellers all over the world. You have the option to have the opener delivered to your home. Since the products are sold by different sellers, you may need to find a seller with good rating. You can also find refurbished, used, and new openers on eBay so you have a lot of options depending on your budget and needs. Just make sure that you check the return policy of the seller before pressing the buy button.
- Just like eBay, Amazon also carries different sellers on its website. You can find sellers from all over the US with different garage door openers. Unlike eBay, other items on Amazon are fulfilled by company. Make sure that you also check the seller’s feedback and the return policy in case the item does not work when you get it. With online platforms such as Amazon, you can purchase anytime, anywhere especially when you’re too busy to purchase one during store hours. You can get the item delivered to your home.
- AClickAwayRemotes.com. This company has an e-commerce website that carries a wide variety of garage door openers, gate operators, parts, and remotes. The great thing with A Click Away Remotes is that they price match their items and you can directly contact them in case you cannot find the specific model that you are looking for. They also provide excellent customer service in case you need assistance in making your purchase. If you want to make a large volume purchase, you can also do so through the website and get discounts in return.
- If you are on a budget, check out Craigslist for used garage door openers. Although the availability is hit or miss, it might be worth it to give the website a quick check when you’re looking for one. This can be a good place to start if you don’t want to break the bank.