The keypad, just like the remote, allows you control over your garage door opener and gate operators. This provides you with convenience that the modern home life requires. LiftMaster’s keypad access systems let you control and add security to your home. The keypads can be used in both residential and commercial purposes.
Your LiftMaster keypad can be used to activate different devices such as wired-in receivers, garage door openers, commercial door openers, and gate operators.
If you have just purchased a Liftmaster keypad either for your home or your business, here are the six easy steps in setting it up so you can start using it:
- Ensure the opener is plugged in. Before starting the setup, make sure that the motor is plugged and in place so you wouldn’t have to worry about it later on. Ensure everything is in place and operating properly. Check all the wires and the parts that they have been installed accordingly.
- Find the learn button. On your garage door opener, you may need to remove the cover to access it. This is usually located on the same side as the opener’s antenna. The button may come in different colors, depending on your model, such as purple, red, yellow, orange, or green. It has an LED next to it. On your commercial door opener or gate operator, this can be found on the logic board or the control board. It has an LED next to it. On the MyQ panel, you need to lift the push bar in order to fine the learn button.
- Press the button. After locating the learn button, press and release it. You may need to press it twice if you have a MyQ panel.
- Enter desired PIN. Within 30 seconds of pressing the learn button, enter your desired four-digit PIN on the keypad and press enter. Ensure that you are not using any common combination to prevent break-ins. Avoid using your birthday or consecutive numbers as PIN. If possible, make it unique and totally random. Once the setup has been successful, the LED indicator will turn off or the lights will blink.
- Test out the keypad.Wait after 10 seconds before you test out if you have successfully setup your keypad. To test it, enter your PIN code and press enter. The opener or operator should activate if setup is completed.
- Repeat, if necessary.If the opener or operator did not activate after entering the PIN code, you might need to repeat steps 3 and 4.
If you are programming your keypad to an external wired-in receiver, the setup might be different. Here’s how you can setup your keypad to your wired-in receiver:
- Remove the cover. The receiver’s cover may vary depending on the model. Use a flat head screwdriver to remove the faceplate. Read your manual to ensure that you are properly removing the cover.
- Find and press the learn button. Once you have removed the cover, locate the learn button. This is usually a small radio button next to the LED. Press and release the learn button after.
- Enter your PIN. Within 30 seconds after you have pressed the learn button, enter your desired four-digit PIN code and hit ENTER. Just make sure that you are using a unique code and not a common one to prevent break-ins. Once you’ve entered your PIN successfully, the operator lights will blink or the LED will turn off.
- Test the keypad. To ensure that the keypad is setup properly, test it. To do so, enter your PIN and press ENTER. The operator or opener should activate after. If not, you may need to repeat the above steps and setup your keypad again.