Automatic or electric garage door opener is widely used by many homeowners today. The benefits that it provides definitely outweigh the investment that you have to make. It makes your daily home life easier. It makes the day-to-day activities such a breeze that you won’t have to worry about opening up your garage door every time you leave for work or school.
For those who are planning to buy a new house or are revamping the current home, then a garage door opener is a must. If you are considering getting a garage door opener for your new home, then here are the reasons why garage door remotes matter:
• Convenience.With the colder months upon us, wet driveway and cold winds will be an everyday scenario. Even if it is summer, nobody wants the hassle of leaving your car to close and open your garage door manually. Being able to open the garage door with a press of the remote is highly appreciated by everyone. Even if you are still heading to driveway, you can press your remote control button and have your garage door opened before you arrive. There’s no need to brave the rain or the cold when coming home or leaving your house.
• Added security. The garage is also an access point to your home. It can be fairly easy to break in. An automatic garage door opener with a remote control adds security to your home. Modern garage door openers with remotes are already equipped with the rolling-code technology wherein the remote transmits a new code with every press of a button. This prevents burglars to record a code in order to open your garage without your knowledge. This is also effective in preventing code grabbing.
• A must for multiple garage door openers. If you have multiple garage door openers or want to install multiple openers, then a remote is a must. Find a remote that allows you to control all of them without buying separate remote for every door. This is an effective option for big families with multiple cars. Just a single remote to control all the doors will make domestic life easier.
• Guaranteed safety. With the garage door opener’s safety sensors, it is quite safe to use your remote control and even leave it with your kids. If you’ve fully tested the safety features in your garage, then there’s no need to worry about pets and kids in the garage.
• Affordable investment. You don’t need to spend a big chunk of money for the convenience of a garage door remote. There are already a wide variety of options for remotes in the market that will suit your budget. Just ensure that you have one that matches your garage door opener while giving you the protection and safety that you need.
These are just some of the reasons why having a garage door remote will make your life at home easier. Toy around with the idea of having a remote to help you in leaving home in a jiffy and arriving home comfortably.