This article is written by Kristy Jones of aclickawayremotes.com a Garage Door Opener Store.
If you are a car owner, you’d know the importance of keeping your vehicle safe and secure, especially when you’re asleep, or when you’re not anywhere near your vehicle. One of the easiest ways to make sure your car is safe is by keeping it in your garage, and making sure you have a strong and sturdy door to keep burglars out. However, it can also get tedious having to get out of the car to open the garage door, or needing someone from inside the house to go out and open it for you. That’s the convenience that garage door openers bring into our oh-so busy lives. But what’s convenient can get even more awesome. We bring you 15 accessories that your garage door openers simply musty have.
1. Asante Garage Door Opener – This cool set allows you not only to press a remote control button once you get to your garage so that the door will open. Asante allows you to automate that chore even when you are inside or outside the house. You simply plug in the device to your internet router’s cable, and then download the smart phone app from Apple’s App Store or Google’s Play Store. Go online, and use the app so that you can take control, and open or close your garage door: even while lounging in the living room, while watching TV, while you’re whipping up something for dinner in the kitchen, or wherever you are in the house. It’s super easy and convenient.
2. Asante Garage Door Opener with Camera Kit – Because what’s already cool can become even cooler, Asante presents you accessories for you garage door opener. This set comes with a security camera that you can mount in your garage. So not only can you open or close your garage door remotely by using the smart phone app, you can also see who and what is there in your garage. You’ll see if someone just got home, or if someone is trying to sneak out of the house at ungodly hours, or if a burglar’s trying to break into your house, or if it was just a rat.
3. Asante Door Sensor with Email and Text Notification – Make sure that your garage and your home is secure even if you’re not watching. That’s what this add-on to the Asante Garage Door Opener will do for you. When your garage door opens or closes, you will receive a text message or an email to let you know what’s going on.
4. Genie Chain Lift Rail Extension Kit – Did you have a 7-foot chain rail with the garage door opener that you had installed to a high 8-foot door? There’s no need to worry about getting a new garage door opener. All you’ll need is a chain lift rail extension kit.
5. Genie Revolution Series Garage Door Opener Battery Back-Up – In case the power goes out, what happens to your garage door opener? The last thing you’d want is being unable to drive out when you need to, or being unable to bring your car into the garage. Now you can have peace of mind. It can run up to 20 cycles after the power has gone out, and it will allow your garage door opener’s other safety and security features remain functional.
6. Chamberlain 990LM Surge Protector –Having this accessory is a real life-saver because it will protect your garage door opener when lightning strikes, or when there’s a power surge after a power outage.
7. Chamberlain Replacement Garage Door Opener Battery – Like all kinds of batteries, there will come a time when your garage door opener’s battery will no longer work. And you don’t want to get caught with a dead battery at the wrong time. To make sure that you don’t get stuck in a rut, you can get a replacement battery, so that you’re sure your garage door opener will be functional all the time.
8. Genie Rail Coupler –Just as the garage door opener has a special and specific function, the screws used for it are specially designed. You’ll need something like the Genie Rail Coupler to attach your screw drive rail to the opener’s motor head. This tiny accessory actually serves a necessary function too. In case your garage door hits something hard, the Genie Rail Coupler is designed to break away to prevent the motor head from being affected or ruined. The only time you’ll need to replace your coupler is if you see your door opener’s screw drive running, but the screw no longer turns.
9. Universal Garage Door Opener Screw Drive Lubricant – Let your garage door opener be a smooth operator. You will only need to apply at least once a year, and you can rest assured that your garage door opener will operate smoothly. The best ones come in lithium-grease formula that makes way for easy, mess-free, and fuss-free application. Lubricants from brands like Genie also prolongs your garage door opener’s screw drive rail life too.
10. Marantec LED Light Extension Kit – If you think you made a smart buy by getting a garage door opener that already came with strips of LED light, but now you realize that there aren’t enough of those lights for your garage, you’ll need a light extension kit. This one from Marantec allows you to double the light in your garage space. It is easy to install, and will work best with your existing Marantec Synergy 370 or 380 garage door openers that already have an LED strip. With this brilliant addition a fully-integrated LED lighting system for your garage that can give you lighting of up to 1000 lumens or more that you can use for up to over 30000 hours.
11. LiftMaster 195LM Ceiling Mount – Are exposed cords and wires becoming an eyesore in your garage? This is why a ceiling mount for your garage door opener is necessary. Lift Master has designed its ceiling mount to make your ceiling look neat, sleek, and well-organized. It can fit almost all standard garages with its adjustable height, and can be mounted both vertically and horizontally.
12. LiftMaster MYQ Package– If what you have is an old garage door opener, you can simply upgrade it to Lift Master’s new MyQ and Security+ 2.0 System. This amazing technology is so cool because it will let you manage and control your garage door opener from practically anywhere, even if you’re in a different state, or a different country.
13. Chamberlain 975LM Laser Parking Accessory – This accessory is perfect for anyone who finds parking a challenge. This smart accessory will help you park properly every single time with a laser light to guide your way. It’s easy to install, and easy to use too.
14. Linear Act-31B 1-Channel Keychain Transmitter – At one touch of a button, you can easily open your garage door opener when you drive home. You don’t need to fumble around for your smart phone, open an app, or have internet connection to do it; it’s right there, where your car keys are. Make coming home simple and easy with this remote control keychain.
15. 885LM Wireless Control Panel – Have total control of your garage with this wireless control panel. If your switches are at the far end of the garage, you can still turn lights on and off, and open and close your garage door from anywhere that’s within line of sight of the garage door.