LiftMaster is one of the top names in the garage door industry. It is offers different openers and operators for both residential and commercial needs.
You might need to change the code on your LiftMaster garage door opener either because you need to update your security or you lost a remote control. Whichever the reason is, here are the steps that you need to take in order to change the code on your opener.
Changing codes completely
You might need to do this if you’ve lost a remote control or the opener has been set to its factory default. Erase the set codes from the memory of your garage door opener by following these steps:
1. Locate learn button. This can be found at the back of the motor unit near the antenna. It might come in different colors depending on the model that you own. Press and hold the learn button until the LED light next to it goes off. Then, press and hold the learn button again until the light goes off. This deletes all the programmed codes on your garage door remote openers.
2. Reprogram your accessories. Once you have deleted all the previous codes, start pairing the accessories that you have with your opener. To do so, press and release the learn button. Input the four-digit code on your wall control and press enter. The LED light will go off or blink to indicate that it has been programmed. For your remote, press and release the learn button. Within 30 seconds, press and hold the remote button that you would like to use for three seconds. The LED light will go off to indicate that the programming has been complete.
3. Test. Wait for 10 seconds to test out your code. Just enter the new code and wait for the garage door opener to activate.
Change a known code
If you know the existing PIN code on your opener and just want to update it, follow these steps:
1. Enter current code. Just enter the current PIN code and press and hold the # button. The LED lights will blink twice. Release the # button.
2. Enter new code.Press the new PIN code that you have chosen and press enter. The LED light will blink to indicate that programming has been successful.
3. Test it. Wait for 10 seconds to test it out. Just press the new code and wait for the opener to activate. Repeat the steps in case the opener fails to activate.